Sunday, November 27, 2011

Neighborhood Block Plan!

I have to say before we get started,
this is not a 1 hour project!
This one will take some time to put together,
BUT...
It will be worth every minute you invest in it!
The peace of mind that will come
with this preparation is worth it for sure!
That being said, lets get started.
  I decided to give you a little at a time.
It can be a little overwhelming if you get all of
the information at once.
Your assignment this week is to gather:
A Map of Your Neighborhood
(This map will include ALL of the houses in your ward boundries
whether they are members or not.)
My ward was just divided and so I will be
going through this process right along with you!
YAY?
(Just kidding....I'm excited!)
I will be taking pictures of each of the houses
in our ward boundries
so that I can make a more personalized map
BUT this is not necessary!

It is a FuN way to get
the people in your neighborhood
interested in preparedness.
Who knows....you might even find neighbors
willing to help with this project! 
Here's the PDF File for that:
Neighborhood Block Plan PDF Packet 1
Here are a few things to
keep in mind when creating
your Neighborhood Block Plan:
Each BLOCK will consist of
10 HOMES.
1 BLOCK CAPTAIN will be
assigned to each BLOCK.
Each BLOCK will be assigned
a NUMBER.

Block Captains Photo's will be added to this page.
This will be a great help in an emergency.
That should do if for today!
I will be posting the rest of the information
throughout the month of December.
My hope is to be ready to start
practice drills in January or February!

3 comments:

Neila said...

Saw that you got a virus earlier this month...was hoping that you will remember to add what else you're doing with this section of your vital records binder when you get around to doing it and back online. good luck with the virus :(

Prepared Not Scared said...

Neila,
I will be posting the rest of the block plan as soon as I get my computer back. It should be done by the end of the week!
I can't wait!
Trish

Anonymous said...

Was this topic ever finished? Was just curious as to if I missed it...