Thursday, July 8, 2010

Family Activity - Down, Set, Hike!

Time for a game of
Family Football!
I have had to learn alot of boy things since I've been married.
I grew up in a home with 5 sisters and 1 brother,
so football definately wasn't the first thing we thought of doing
if we were planning a family activity.
We ususally ended up shopping or doing some kind of a craft.
(My dad was such a good sport!)
When my boys first suggested football as an idea for an activity,
I have to say, I wasn't jumping up and down with joy, but . . .
I had no idea what I was missing!
I don't know the rules and I'm sure I am mostly making things up
as I go . . . but we always end up laughing our heads off!
Football in the backyard or at the park
is a BLAST . . . and it's FREE!
Instead of a Treat for This Week's Family Activity,
I thought I'd share one of my family's favorite dinners.
Chicken Bacon Ranch . . . Football Style!
Ingredients:
Chicken
I boil and shred my chicken, then add a little
"Pinch of Steak" Seasoning
Lettuce
Ranch Dressing
Provalone Cheese
Tomatoes
Bacon
Butter
and
My FaVoRiTe French Bread Recipe
If you're in a hurry, cold cuts work just as well!
Instructions:
Prepare French Bread Recipe
(It's the French Bread Recipe I posted before!)
When dough is ready, form it in the shape of a football.
Use a knife to cut slits like the football above.
Bake and Cool before cutting.
Cut football like a bun.
Butter the inside of each side of the "football" and broil to toast.
Remove from the oven and add the prepared chicken
and cooked bacon
to one side of the bun and the Provalone cheese to the other side.
Return to the oven and broil until the cheese is melted.
Remove from the oven and add shredded lettuce
and ranch dressing.
You can add tomatoes and peppers if you would like.
We have made this sandwich using sliced roast beef, mushrooms and
provalone cheese . . . super good!
There are lots of options to try.
Go TEAM!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute bread idea... I need to remember that come football season! Hope you are doing well and feeling peace about your son :)

Unknown said...

I just found your blog from a link from another blog. Not sure which one. Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. Seriously you have the best posts and they aren't overwhelming to me like some other blog sites are with canning, activites, etc. So I just want to THANK YOU and I hope you keep this blog going for a long time! :-)