Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mix Recipe #5 - Candy Bar Cookie Mix!

Mix Recipe #5
Candy Bar Cookies!

OK, so just imagine your favorite
candy bar surrounded by buttery delicious
cookie dough and baked to perfection.
Is your mouth watering . . . ?
I know it's not the same for me either, but I tried.
The picture is sooooo much better, but not as good
as the REAL THING . . . guess you're just going to have
to give it a try!
Here's the Recipe:
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 cup YOUR FAVORITE CANDY BAR, Chopped

Layer the ingredients in the order given into a
wide-mouth 1-quart canning jar.
Pack each layer in place before adding the next ingredient.
To Make The Cookies:
1 Jar Candy Bar Cookie Mix
3/4 cup Butter or Margarine, Softened
2 Eggs, Slightly Beaten
1 tsp. Vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, cream the butter, eggs, and vanilla.
Add the Candy Bar Cookie Mix and stir
until the mixture is well blended.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Recipe:
Instructions:
Jar Label:
Here's the PDF:
Mix Recipe #5: Candy Bar Cookie Mix Packet PDF
I included Jar Toppers for the Regular Jars in the Packet.
The PDF below has the Jar Toppers for the wide-mouth jars.
Jar Toppers PDF:
Mix Recipe #5: Candy Bar Cookie Mix Jar Toppers PDF
I'll post all of the labels and recipes as soon as I get home!
P.S.
Can I just say how glad I am that we have our
Emergency Car Kit!
We got a flat tire on the way here.
Not just a flat tire . . . there was a gaping hole in the tire.
The Fix-A-Flat and Tire Repair Kit
were just what we needed to get back on the road,
 and the boys enjoyed a few treats
while they waited for the tire to get fixed.
My husband thanked me for being Prepared . . .  It seriously brought tears to my eyeballs!
Love it when that happens!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I dont know how I stumbled across your blog....but I am so glad I did, your ideas are amazing, you have a great talent! I live in the UK and have 5 children.....and no time to do anything!!! but I look forward to implementing your ideas for my family. Thank you!

Fruit Hts Preparedness Forum said...

I am glad you were prepared also. Hope the rest of the trip goes better. Have Fun!!