Friday, March 5, 2010

Preserve It . . . Canning Corner: Dry Soup Mix Recipe #3

Dry Soup Mix Recipe #3:
Texas Two-Step
Here's the Recipe:
The Dry Soup Mixes have become one of my
FAVORITE Dinner Options!
It only takes a few minutes to put the jars together and
when it's time for dinner, I just empty the contents of the jar
 into a crockpot, add 8 cups of water, and start cooking.
You'll have an AMAZING Dinner
with just a few minutes of prep time!
This is a great project to do with friends and family.
By the way . . . Last nights Relief Society Meeting was
So Much FUN (even though I didn't win).
The Relief Society Committee did a MARVELOUS Job!
I'll try to get a copy of their recipes!
Way To Go Girls!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oops, I forgot to leave an email address for you to contact me at.

shaylisamarie@hotmail.com

Thanks again, Aubrey

Aubrey said...

First off I want to say what an AMAZING blog this is. Someone in my ward shared it with the ladies in RS and I have been hooked ever since. By the way I have also shared this amazing blog with my mother and her ward in New Mexico.

I was just wondering if you are really just using the pressure cooker to do all the canning? If you are what brand would you suggest? It looks like you are using the Presto brand, I was wondering if you would recommend this brand. I am new to this type of canning or actually all types of canning and could use any and all advice.

Thanks again for such an informative blog and all the great ideas.

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for spreading the word!
I love my Presto pressure canner. You can find one at Walmart for around $65.00. They have one on sale at Emergency Essentials right now (it's a really nice one), I think it costs around $240.00. I use my pressure canner about every other week. It's really easy to use! We will be posting step-by-step how to can in the pressure cooker and using a water-bath canner. Hope this helps! Trish

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

I said pressure cooker before . . . I meant, Pressure CANNER! Sorry for the mistake. (I guess that's why they have the preview button.)
Thanks Again,
Trish